- 1 About
- 2 Format and Rationale
- 3 Community Networks, Interest Groups and Action Groups
- 4 Registration & Calendar of Events
- 5 Past Conversations
Possibility Conversations are monthly 2 hour meet-ups for anyone interested in understanding social issues or are eager to take action to do something about them.
We will have some predefined topics each month but participants are free to propose a topic for a breakout session they want to host. Ideally, possibility conversations should touch on an idea that you have an interest in, but can only come to fruition if the right people come together. (There will be an online profile of all such community interest or action groups formed so that people can continue to discover and join them, and AGS can offer supportive infrastructure when the group is ready and if aligned with AGS community)
- Collective (and accumulative) mapping of social issues & community assets; may feature most pertinent socio-cultural or political issue of the month
- Mutual support (for your own programmes, existing initiatives)
- Explore ideas and participate in new initiatives made possible by pooling diverse community assets or just having the right people in the room
- Populated wiki pages that provide robust and comprehensive understanding of social needs and community assets (Socialcollab.sg)
- Volunteers offering expertise and skills that can be matched to organisations or causes of their interest (Serve.sg)
- Formation of community networks, interest groups and action groups that receive community support and resourcing (AGS)
- A Good Space - cooperative of changemakers
- Serve.sg - skilled-volunteer matching platform
- Socialcollab.sg - collective mapping of social needs
Format and Rationale
- Guest Speaker + Q&A - (20 + 20 mins)
- Rounds - (30 mins)
- Possibility Conversations in Breakout Sections - (40 mins)
- Shareback - (10 mins)
Guest Speaker - New information and insights to be inserted ‘live’ to the relevant wiki pages through a dialogue informed and structured by existing knowledge gaps.
Rounds - All participants will take turns to speak through 2 quick rounds: 1) Basic Self-Introduction, 2) Suggested Topics for Possibility Conversation. Participants will also be offered assistance to sign up for a volunteer account on serve.sg and feature their skills and offers. (Serve.sg allows volunteers to pitch ideas to organisations).
Possibility Conversations - We will have some predefined topics each month but participants are free to propose a topic for a breakout session they want to host. Ideally, possibility conversations should touch on an idea that you have an interest in, but can only come to fruition if the right people come together.
Shareback - We will document the discussion and become a placeholder for any new groups formed so that others can discover and join them.
Community Networks, Interest Groups and Action Groups
After the Possibility Conversations, any networks, interest groups or action groups formed will be populated here: Community Networks and Groups
This will make it easier for like-minded participants to discover each other.
Registration & Calendar of Events
Please click here to register [insert link to Peatix]
May - Civic Tech
July - Cooperatives
Aug - Youth
Sep - Socially Engaged Arts
Oct - Mental Health and Caregiving
Dec - Disability
Possibility Conversations #3 - Civic Tech
Date & Time: 19 May 2021, 8-10pm on Zoom
Click here to Register
Speaker: Civic Tech (TBC Johann Annuar, Executive Director, Engineering Good)
[Note that participants can suggest conversations they want to host on the day itself. If you will like to suggest a conversation prior to the event itself, please indicate the topicin the form when you sign up]
- Tech for Good (Hosted by Engineering Good)
- to insert
Possibility Conversation #2 - The Possibility of Possibility Conversations
[insert details of what we discussed]
Possibility Conversation #1
[insert details of what we discussed]