Community Networks and Groups
Community Networks are focused on a broadly defined domain of interest/social cause or locality.
- Community Development Network (email: email@example.com to join)
- Disability Community Network (email: firstname.lastname@example.org to join)
- Practice Research Network (ask Martin Chok if they want to be listed)
- Connect with young adults who live near you Friendzone
- SGCares Community Networks (Since 2018, MCCY and MSF have co-organised SG Cares Community Network sessions to bring together agencies and partners to discuss issues in their respective towns and explore areas where they can work together to address them)
- Northeast District (ask if Amos wants to list and get involved with others)
Community Interest Groups
Community Interest Groups are focused on a specific issue or concept, and come together to learn about and share knowledge with one another.
- Sociocracy Interest Group
- Degrowth Interest Group
- Worker-owned Cooperatives Interest Group
- Quota Hiring Interest Group
- Freedom of Information Singapore (FOISG) is a non-partisan, student-led movement dedicated to promoting transparency and the right of access to information.
Communities of Practice
Communities of Practice are focused on improving existing professional or technical expertise.
- Service Learning Community of Practice
- Research Community of Practice (contact Denise Liu)
- Theory of Change Informal Working Group (contact Carol Liew: [] )
- We are looking for like-minded individuals who would want to start a small informal working group together with us at Just Cause to collectively brainstorm and test new/different ways of facilitating theory of change workshops over the next 6-12 months. If you have facilitation experience and/or have great ideas for how we might improve this classic tool please get in touch!
- Think For Good (A Design Thinking group that does ideation sessions once a month; ask Simon Siah if he wants to be listed)
- Civic Tech / Tech for Good (?)
Community Action Groups
Community Action Groups go beyond sharing knowledge and studying an issue, and are focused on an action plan to achieve a specific goal.
- Inclusive Neighbourhood Action Group (contact email@example.com if interested)
- Community Currency Action Group (contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested)
- Mapping of Social Needs and Community Assets (socialcollab.sg)
- Resource Matching Collective [See if serve.sg, bantu, SGAssist wants to come together]